Samui Crocodile Farm
Bophut Beach Attractions0
Samui Crocodile Farm in Bophut is a fascinating place to find out more about Thailand's jaws and claws! They're all here; Siamese crocodiles, caimans, saltwater crocodiles, snakes, lizards, monkeys and more. The farm covers an area of 8,000sqm and is located near the airport.
The SCF has a good set up and a lot of shade and the three-times-daily crocodile and snake shows are not only fun to watch but are unusual and full of excitement.Read More
- Ang Thong Adventure Tour
- Ko Tao & Ko Nang Yuan Snorkeling Tour
- Around the Island Tour
- Red Baron Junk Sailing Tour with Transfers
- Jungle Adventure
- 4-Wheel ATV Adventure
- Guided Photography Tour with Golden Pagoda & Big Buddha
- Chanita Thai Cooking Class
- Big Game Fishing Full-Day Tour
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
Samui Crocodile Farm Highlights
Crocodiles bred in Thailand come in various sizes, from the very small to hulking specimens measuring up to about five metres long. To train them is clearly only an expert’s job and the thrilling show at Samui Crocodile Farm includes the trainers letting the audience see them up close and personal. Then there’s an act that involves a trainer using a croc as a chair – and all this is done without any protection!
It’s pretty amazing to see someone risk his life with a smile on his face by inserting his head into a croc’s mouth. Afterwards the trainer will let you pet the croc – but only its tail (for obvious reasons).
The snake show can also be a fun experience for the whole family. It involves using (live) snakes as necklaces and the opposite of the croc show as snakes are put into their handlers’ mouths.
There’s also a small taxidermy (stuffed animals) exhibition. Before leaving, don’t forget to check out the souvenir outlet. It features many crocodile products such as handbags, key rings, T-shirts, belts and more.
Good to Know
Thailand is one of the world’s top crocodile skin producers and exporters and certain types are in high demand. For this purpose, crocodiles are raised very carefully and kept separate to avoid any bite marks and scratches until they turn three-to-four years old, hence the high price for crocodile handbags, especially luxury brands.
Samui Crocodile Farm
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10:00 -18:00
- Location: In Bophut, behind the airport and easy to find
- Remarks: Currently Samui Crocodile Farm has a crocodile show three times daily: 12:00, 14:00 and 16:00. The snake shows also run three times a day: 13:00, 15:00 and 17:00
- Address: +66 (0)77 239 002
You May Also LikeRate This Place: ( votes)