Big Buddha Beach Nightlife & Bars
What to Do at Night in Big Buddha Beach
Big Buddha Beach is not exactly Koh Samui's epicentre of nightlife. There are no Go-Go bars here, no stretch of noisy and neon-lit bars but you will find a few places (usually right by the sea) for a few beers, a chat and a chance to set the world to rights.Read More
- Jungle Adventure
- Half-Day Eco Tour
- Guided Photography Tour with Golden Pagoda & Big Buddha
- Beer, Wine & Rum Tasting Tour with Lunch
- Around the Island Tour with Lunch & Spa Treatment
- Relaxing Spa Treatment at the Natural Wing Spa
- Chanita Thai Cooking Class
- Around the Island Tour
- Samui Aquarium & Tiger Zoo Tour
- 4-Wheel ATV Adventure
Secret Garden Beachresort Beachcafe
Secret Garden Beachcafe is ‘powered by’ chef Rik and his team. There is a Thai and European/Mediterranean menu available from 8 am to 10 pm, 7 days a week. Every Sunday there is Live Music during the “Secret Garden Sunday Sessions”. On these specials nights Secret Garden offers their guests beach-BBQ’s and special Buffets. The crowd is more or less evenly split between tourists and expats and it's all very relaxed and family-friendly. There's also accommodation available at the attached bungalows.
- Opening Hours: Daily 8 am – midnight (Sunday Sessions start at 5 pm)
- Location: Secret Garden Beachresort Beachcafe, Big Buddha Beach
- Address: 22/1 Moo 4, Ban Bangrak, Big Buddha Beach
- Tel: +66 (0)77 245 255
- Website: http://www.secretgarden.co.th
Bangrak Beach Club is one of the more peaceful examples of its kind, with a rustic look and an easy-going atmosphere. The centrepiece is a large swimming pool which, with green tiles, looks like a tropical lagoon, surrounded by wood decking and trees, with the main restaurant under a palm-thatch roof. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 24:00
- Location: 23/2 Moo 4, Route 4171, Bangrak
- Tel: +66 (0)61 190 7639, +66 (0)90 489 9789
Heart & Soul
Heart & Soul Bar and Grill is Samui's first venue dedicated to the smooth and groovy sounds of Northern Soul and Jazz. Owner Lee Hughes draws on his extensive CD collection to give patrons a taste of the music that laid the foundations for the UK's rave scene. If names like The Velvets, Mickie Champion, The Ojays, Gladys Knight or Sheila Ferguson don't mean anything to you, then Heart & Soul is a great place to discover them. The bar also serves a fine range of cocktails and a tasty selection of marinated steaks and kebabs fresh from the charcoal grill.
- Opening Hours: 11:00 - 02:00
- Location: Big Buddha Beach, Outside Sunset 2 Resort
Run by husband and wife team Mikko Vuori and Krista Stockberg, Sibelius is the place to come for Scandinavian treats such as "Lightly Salted Beef Carpaccio" with tomato & pepper salsa & wasabi sauce, Creamy Scandinavian Soup with homemade dark rye bread and Dijon & Garlic Marinated Lamb with red wine & mint sauce. The superlative dessert Deep Fried Camembert with raspberry coulis is particularly highly recommended. What's more it can be all be enjoyed in fully air-conditioned comfort, which probably helps make the restaurant feel just like home for visiting North Europeans.
- Location: Nordic Complex, Big Buddha Beach
As the name suggests, sunsets are pretty spectacular when viewed from this Big Buddha bar. Attached to the bargain priced Sunset 2 Bungalows, the bar is one of the last refuges of backpackers in the area and is a popular stop off point for those en route to, or returning from, Koh Phangan. The staff are very friendly, the atmosphere is very mellow and the music tends towards very chilled house.
- Location: Big Buddha Beach, close to the Koh Phangan ferry pier.
The Big Buddha Cafe
Situated right next to Wat Phra Yai, home of the big Buddha himself, the BBC is a perfect spot for a relaxing sundowner. The clientele tend to be older and there are more families than at most places in the area, which is reflected in the 60's and 70's tunes on their soundsystem. The BBC is also used as a base for Samui's small, but growing, yachting fraternity and even has its own catamaran for charter.
- Location: Next to the entrance of the Big Buddha
- Tel: 077 425 264