Big Buddha Beach is not exactly Koh Samui's epicentre of nightlife. There are no Go-Go bars here, no stretch of noisy and neon-lit bars but you will find a few places (usually right by the sea) for a few beers, a chat and a chance to set the world to rights.
Secret Garden Restaurant
Secret Garden Restaurant is ‘powered by’ chef Rik and his team. There is a Thai and European/Mediterranean menu available from 8 am to 10 pm, 7 days a week. Every Sunday there is Live Music during the “Secret Garden Sunday Sessions”. On these specials nights Secret Garden offers their guests beach-BBQ’s and special Buffets. The crowd is more or less evenly split between tourists and expats and it's all very relaxed and family-friendly. There's also accommodation available at the attached bungalows.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 8am to midnight
- Location: Secret Garden Beach Resort, 22/1 Moo 4, Bophut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)77 332 661
- Website: http://www.secretgarden.co.th
Bangrak Beach Club
Bangrak Beach Club is one of the more peaceful examples of its kind, with a rustic look and an easy-going atmosphere. The centrepiece is a large swimming pool which, with green tiles, looks like a tropical lagoon, surrounded by wood decking and trees, with the main restaurant under a palm-thatch roof. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to midnight
- Location: 23/2 Moo 4, Bangrak, Bophut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)77 425 330, +66 (0)81 498 9272
Samui Sunset Garden
As the name suggests, sunsets are pretty spectacular when viewed from this Big Buddha bar. The bar is one of the last refuges of backpackers in the area and is a popular stop off point for those en route to, or returning from, Koh Phangan. The staff are very friendly, the atmosphere is very mellow and the music tends towards very chilled house.
- Location: 14/57 Moo 5, Bophut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)63 154 0312