Open since 2000 and owned and managed by long-term expats Graeme and Raphaella, who work hard to ensure everyone enjoys themselves, the Frog and Gecko is busy most nights, but packed on Wednesdays for their pub quiz – so get there around 20:00 to make sure you get a good seat. Musically, expect lots of quality 70s tunes, Brit Pop, rock and punk.
- Ang Thong Adventure Tour
- Ko Tao & Ko Nang Yuan Snorkeling Tour
- Around the Island Tour
- Red Baron Junk Sailing Tour with Transfers
- Jungle Adventure
- 4-Wheel ATV Adventure
- Guided Photography Tour with Golden Pagoda & Big Buddha
- Chanita Thai Cooking Class
- Big Game Fishing Full-Day Tour
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
The Thai food and Indian curries here are highly recommended although there are no frogs legs on the menu, even though the pub has a lizards and amphibians theme to it. Expect good, hearty fare befitting a pub and its welcome lack of pretention means an amusing and friendly clientele.
With lots of wooden chairs and tables and with views out to Koh Phangan the resulting atmosphere is a mixture of tropical and rustic - something which may appeal to peope looking for the best of both worlds.
The Frog and Gecko has sports TV (Premier League on Saturdays and Sundays) and a pool table as well as a seven-table terrace with great sea views.
It's not the biggest place in Bophut but it doesn't have to be: The Frog and Gecko has one of the warmest welcomes in town, though.
The Frog & Gecko Pub
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 02:00
- Location: Fisherman's Village's main street