Karma Sutra in Bophut is unreservedly all-out retro hippy chic. Flanking both sides of the entrance to Fisherman’s Village by the pier, Karma Sutra has chunky Indonesian wooden furniture (thankfully with soft cushions to make things a little more comfortable), cool sounds, Buddha images and muted lights.
The two branches are slightly different with one side markedly busier than the other. As well as having a full menu (charmingly presented as a newspaper) and drinks list, French-owned Karma Sutra is also a great people-watching spot with good views of the sea and pier.
- Ang Thong Adventure Tour
- Ko Tao & Ko Nang Yuan Snorkeling Tour
- Around the Island Tour
- Red Baron Junk Sailing Tour with Transfers
- Jungle Adventure
- 4-Wheel ATV Adventure
- Guided Photography Tour with Golden Pagoda & Big Buddha
- Chanita Thai Cooking Class
- Big Game Fishing Full-Day Tour
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
Here, you’ll meet quirky characters galore and it’s pretty obvious by the design and décor that a fair amount of thought (and investment) has gone into it.
Just about everything, from the piped-in music to the food is innovative and charming although the wait staff can seem a little distant, but hey, this is Thailand…
- Opening Hours: 07:00 – 01:00
- Location: Opposite the pier at the entrance to Fisherman’s Village
- Tel: 077 425 198