With a mixture of décor that can seem confusing, Kohinoor in Bophut can be overstated to some and understated to others. Its saffron-coloured walls are adorned with abstract paintings which in turn are counterpointed by more traditional Indian décor.
Décor aside, here diners can enjoy good old-fashioned Indian food such as a lamb tandoori, mixed vegetable kebabs, prawn puri and, to wash it all down, lassi, beer or even a good cup of Indian tea.
- Ang Thong Adventure Tour
- Ko Tao & Ko Nang Yuan Snorkeling Tour
- Jungle Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Around the Island Tour
- Temples & City Tour
- Big Game Fishing Full-Day Tour
- 4-Wheel ATV Adventure
- Red Baron Junk Sailing Tour with Transfers
- Guided Photography Tour with Golden Pagoda & Big Buddha
In short, the Indian food served at Kohinoor is a little bland and it’s certainly not a good sign when the waiter asks if you’d like your curry served spicy or not.
Still, Kohinoor is a tranquil place to dine and the vegetable curry was pretty fresh but certainly not as spicy as ordered and anticipated. A good people-watching spot as it is on the Bophut walking street.
Kohinoor Indian Restaurant
- Opening Hours: 12:00 – 22:00
- Location: Fisherman's Village's main street