Located hillside, on the road leading out of Chaweng to Bandon Hospital, lounge restaurant 9Gems is a class act. Park underneath the restaurant, then head upwards for a breath of luxury as you’ll find a LED-lit swimming pool overlooking great views of Chaweng.
Here, you can dine on the extensive decking or inside with its Philip Stark designed chairs, terrazzo floors, white marble tables, and impressive ceiling-to-floor sliding glass doors. It’s all very bright here like a modern art gallery with slowly changing colours and a minimalist design in a way that enhances the fabulous 360-degree vistas.
- Ang Thong Adventure Tour
- Ko Tao & Ko Nang Yuan Snorkeling Tour
- Jungle Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Around the Island Tour
- Temples & City Tour
- Big Game Fishing Full-Day Tour
- 4-Wheel ATV Adventure
- Red Baron Junk Sailing Tour with Transfers
- Guided Photography Tour with Golden Pagoda & Big Buddha
Food is not cheap at 9Gems. Even starters can cost as much as a mains dish in other quality restaurants.
Maybe a good tactic here is to try out one of the several tasting menus that extend up to seven-course gargantuan feasts. As to be expected from a restaurant of this calibre, the wine list is more than adequate (some 36 labels) and expensive, even allowing for Thailand’s insanely high wine taxes.
As is becoming more and more popular, if you like a particular piece of restaurant furniture enough, 9Gems will sell it to you. If you have the wherewithal, 9Gems is a fabulous dining experience.
9Gems Lounge Restaurant
- Opening Hours: 16:00 – 0:00 from Tuesday to Thursday, from Friday to Sunday from 16:00 - 2:00, From 1st to 27th of November we close for holiday.
- Location: On the hillside above the road exiting northern Chaweng. Well signposted