Captain Kirk in Chaweng, in spite of its size (it’s big enough for 90 covers), has a good stab at being intimate by way of its bamboo fittings, huge ceramic vases, Raj-era wall photos and unique see-through glass table tops with assorted shells and beach memorabilia beneath.
Still, the fact is that this first-floor fan-cooled restaurant borders a nightmarish spaghetti-like confusion of elevated electric street cables so it’s best to avoid the open-sided ‘window’ dining area as it is also noisy because of the constant stream of traffic rumbling by and hooting beneath.
Captain Kirk Restaurant is closed. More info coming soon...
- Ang Thong Adventure Tour
- Ko Tao & Ko Nang Yuan Snorkeling Tour
- Jungle Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Around the Island Tour
- Temples & City Tour
- Big Game Fishing Full-Day Tour
- 4-Wheel ATV Adventure
- Red Baron Junk Sailing Tour with Transfers
- Guided Photography Tour with Golden Pagoda & Big Buddha
With mostly deep-fried starters such as spring rolls, prawns, and seafood fritters, there’s also an extensive seafood choice for mains with a Thai section and vegetarian choices as well as a rich list of salads and soups – indeed the fisherman soup with barracuda slices and shrimps with garlic bread is an agreeably light meal.
All the same, even with an extremely attentive and English-speaking waitress, Captain Kirk is a long way from being the coziest restaurant in town.
Captain Kirk Restaurant
- Opening Hours: 17:00 – late
- Location: Chaweng Beach Road, diagonally opposed to The Islander next to Pizza Hut – entrance on the side
- Tel: 081 270 5376