At Chaweng Walking Street Market, you can sip on a cocktail while out shopping, both for very little money, too. This riot colours, sounds and scents towards the southern end of Samui's most popular resort town combines a food court with market stalls, creating a vibrant night market atmosphere.
This 130-metre-long street is a place where you can haggle for items such as T-shirts, sunglasses, knockoff watches, beach dresses, lamps, cutoff jeans, flip-flops, bags of all shapes and sizes, carved wooden souvenirs, kids clothing and cosmetics, among other things.
- Ang Thong Adventure Tour
- Ko Tao & Ko Nang Yuan Snorkeling Tour
- Jungle Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Around the Island Tour
- Temples & City Tour
- Big Game Fishing Full-Day Tour
- 4-Wheel ATV Adventure
- Red Baron Junk Sailing Tour with Transfers
- Guided Photography Tour with Golden Pagoda & Big Buddha
Chaweng Walking Street highlights
The countless food stands sell grilled chicken, squid, delicious sweet boiled chicken, sticky rice, and smoothies. Everyone seems to be in good humour here and the sometimes intense touting of Chaweng’s main shopping street may as well be on another planet.
As you stroll from stall to stall you’ll hear different music every few metres and, as if that’s not confusing enough, there are sometimes live performers up on the central stage. No one seems to care. In keeping with the light-hearted atmosphere here, try to always smile when you bargain and have a devil-may-care attitude; you’ll be surprised at how well it works in securing a bargain.
Chaweng Walking Street
- Opening Hours: Monday–Thursday and Saturdays from about 4.30pm to 12am. Closed on Fridays and Sundays.
- Location: 39/36 Chaweng Beach Rd, Bophut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)77 961 910