It’s hard to imagine shoppers in the West sipping on cocktails while out shopping but at Chaweng Walking Street Market you can do just that, and for very little money, too. Chaweng Walking Street is a riot of colours, sounds and scents.
This is where you can haggle for items such as T-shirts, sunglasses, knockoff watches, beach dresses, lamps, sexy cutoff jeans; copied Ralph Laurent polo shirts, flip-flops, bags of all shapes and sizes, carved wooden souvenirs, kids clothing and cosmetics.
- Ang Thong Adventure Tour
- Ko Tao & Ko Nang Yuan Snorkeling Tour
- Around the Island Tour
- Red Baron Junk Sailing Tour with Transfers
- Jungle Adventure
- 4-Wheel ATV Adventure
- Guided Photography Tour with Golden Pagoda & Big Buddha
- Chanita Thai Cooking Class
- Big Game Fishing Full-Day Tour
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
It’s also a riot of tastes, with countless food stands selling grilled chicken, squid, delicious sweet boiled chicken, sticky rice, and smoothies. Everyone seems to be in good humour here and the sometimes intense touting of Chaweng’s main shopping street may as well be on another planet.
As you stroll from stall to stall you’ll hear different music every few metres and as if that’s not confusing enough there are sometimes live performers up on the central stage. No one seems to care. In keeping with the light-hearted atmosphere here try to always smile when you bargain and have a devil-may-care attitude; you’d be surprised at how well it works in securing a bargain.
Chaweng Walking Street
- Opening Hours: The food court is opened daily from 16:30 -24:00; the shopping stalls are closed on Fridays and Sundays
- Location: South Chaweng just off the main street