Samui is now a culinary destination in its own right with several world-class restaurants featuring extremely talented and innovative chefs; from genuine, traditional Thai cuisine to trendy fusion creations, Koh Samui's best restaurants have a myriad of flavours for you to discover.
Have a browse through our Top Ten Samui Restaurants to find those that correspond to your taste and requirements in this highly personal field. Cliffside dining? Of course! Beachside? Obviously. On Koh Samui, it's merely a question of knowing where to find the best.
- Ang Thong Adventure Tour
- Ko Tao & Ko Nang Yuan Snorkeling Tour
- Jungle Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Around the Island Tour
- Temples & City Tour
- Big Game Fishing Full-Day Tour
- 4-Wheel ATV Adventure
- Red Baron Junk Sailing Tour with Transfers
- Guided Photography Tour with Golden Pagoda & Big Buddha
Swirling silks, scintillating satins, reams of textiles and the sort of place a Pasha would feel right at home in sprawled among the cushions, The Boudoir is dining opulence. Essentially French cooking, there's a good selection of cheeses, meats, foie gras and even escargots – and a good and cheap house wine. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tuesday–Saturday from 7pm to 11.45pm, Sunday from 7pm to 11pm (closed on Mondays)
- Location: 32/2 Moo 1, Mae Nam, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)85 783 1031
Rated as one of the best restaurants in Bophut, Chez François is a non-descript building which looks like nothing more than an ordinary house. The only choice on the menu is a specially prepared four-course meal by Chef François Porté-Garcia. Mostly consisting of first-class French cuisine, this fantastic feast of fine dining costs less than 2,000 baht. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tuesday–Saturday from 6.30pm to 10.30pm, closed on Sundays and Mondays
- Location: 33/2 Moo 1, Fisherman's Village, Bophut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)96 071 1800
Located in Anantara Lawana in north Chaweng, Tree Tops is one of Samui’s most accomplished restaurants and is definitely the place to head to if you are a fine-dining enthusiast. With only eight tables in the restaurant and each table an individual ‘tree house’ the experience here is unique. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6pm to 11pm
- Location: Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort, 92/1 Moo 2, Bophut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)77 960 333
Dining on the RocksBig Buddha
A romantic dinner under the stars at the Dining on the Rocks, the signature restaurant of Six Senses Samui can be a unique and superb experience. Relax on the terraced decks whether in the open air or in the covered seating areas and with fantastic 270 degree views of the ocean and surrounding islands. The menu offers ‘New Asian Cuisine with a crossover accent’ and is a fine exponent of the fast becoming popular ‘slow cuisine.’ Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5pm to 10pm
- Location: Six Senses Samui Resort, 9/10 Moo 5, Baan Plai Laem, Bophut, Koh Samui, 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)77 245 678
2 Fishes SamuiBophut
Located in the heart of Bophut’s Fisherman’s Village, 2 Fishes Samui is an unpretentious yet stylish Italian restaurant. You can sample here the freshest local seafood prepared with love by the talented Chef Leandra Panza. With over 25 years of experience in quoted Italian restaurants in London, Sidney, Melbourne, and Singapore, Leandro Panza offers one of the best gastronomic escapade in Bophut. Serving dishes such as ‘grilled king prawns with hot garlic oil, chili and lemon’ and ‘Steamed Red snapper fillet with sautéed kale and hot garlic dressing, olive oil parsley and aged red wine vinegar’, you’ll retrieve at 2 Fishes Samui all the savours that made Italian cuisine so famous all around the world.
- Opening Hours: Tuesday–Sunday from 6pm to 10pm, closed on Mondays
- Location: 79/5 Moo 1, Bophut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)99 281 9973
Café 69 is a trendy venue located diagonally opposite Samui Go-Kart on Samui Ring Road. The colourful and modern décor is emphasised by clever lighting effects to create a welcoming vibe. The food served at Café 69 is “a new twist of Southern Thai Indigenous Cuisine” as they call it themselves. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Saturday–Thursday from 1pm to 11pm, closed on Mondays
- Location: 157/52, Bophut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)81 978 1945
With a relaxing atmosphere, excellent service, and delicious food, Kob Thai is a highly recommended place if you come by Lamai. Under French management, Kob Thai Restaurant’s Thai Chef prepares all the classics of Thai cuisine from outstanding seafood to spicy salads to mouthwatering Thai desserts, all of them at affordable prices. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 12pm to 10.30pm
- Location: Haad Lamai 3, Lamai Beach, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84310, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)82 534 9325
Strongly focused on delivering cuisine at the highest level, H Bistro features a French Mediterranean menu and exclusive wine list. The award-winning 74-cover restaurant features indoor and al fresco dining from breakfast until late at night. This is fine, innovative dining and definitely worth a visit. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 7am to 10.30am, 11.30am to 5.30pm and from 6.30pm to 10.30pm
- Location: Hansar Samui Resort, 101/28 Moo 1, Bophut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)77 245 511
Red SnapperChaweng Beach
With a big screen and a nightly live band you'd think that Red Snapper wouldn't exactly be totally be focused in on its food but you'd be wrong. Part of Chaweng Regent Beach Resort, Red Snapper fronts onto the Beach Road and is great for that laid-back meal, while watching the passing throngs. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5pm to midnight
- Location: 155/4 Moo 2, Chaweng Beach, Chaweng, Koh Samui 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)77 300 200
Kobori Japanese Restaurant
Kobori Japanese Restaurant is considered by many to be the best Japanese restaurant in Koh Samui. Kobori is named after its Chef Koji O Kobori, and set in a two-storey modern building located in Nathon. Featuring a sober Japanese contemporary style décor, the restaurant serves an excellent choice of delicious sushi (California roll six pieces at 180 baht), sashimi (salmon sashimi six pieces at 280 baht), teppanyaki (Japanese Mackerel "SABA" Teriyaki steak at 240 baht), and more. Kobori Japanese Restaurant is also famous for the excellent choice of Sake it has.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11.30am to 10pm
- Location: 310/19 Moo 3, Ang Thong, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84140, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)83 174 6530