Koh Taen is a tiny island on the southern tip of Koh Samui. It's an excellent place for those who like nature, snorkelling, deserted white sandy beaches, and some quiet time away from busy tourist sites. There are limited facilities on the island – only 1 restaurant and several basic bungalows.
On the eastern part of Koh Taen, you can find a long beach which often looks like it’s entirely for you. If you're a fan of snorkelling, you should go to the southern part, where you'll find coral reefs with plenty of different marine species just below the surface. Head over to the west of the island to enjoy a nice walk through a mangrove forest on a boardwalk walking path.
To visit Koh Taen for a day, make your way to the fishing village of Thong Krut and take a small boat for about 15 to 20 minutes. You can either book this at a tourist agency (only a few have this on offer) or get a longtail boat to take you there - this allows you to negotiate a fair price.
- Ang Thong Adventure Tour
- Ko Tao & Ko Nang Yuan Snorkeling Tour
- Jungle Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Around the Island Tour
- Temples & City Tour
- Big Game Fishing Full-Day Tour
- 4-Wheel ATV Adventure
- Red Baron Junk Sailing Tour with Transfers
- Guided Photography Tour with Golden Pagoda & Big Buddha
- Location: Taling Ngam, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84140, Thailand