The best restaurants in Koh Phangan offer an eclectic choice of dining options, satisfying all types of diners. These well-loved eateries have already made a name for themselves when it comes to delivering satisfying Thai and international dishes.
Koh Phangan’s dining scene is in constant evolution following the sustained growth of visitors coming to the island for holidays. You can find excellent places to eat around the island, some of them on famous beaches, others in remote locations.
Where are the best places to eat in Koh Phangan?
- Ang Thong Adventure Tour
- Ko Tao & Ko Nang Yuan Snorkeling Tour
- Jungle Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Around the Island Tour
- Temples & City Tour
- Big Game Fishing Full-Day Tour
- 4-Wheel ATV Adventure
- Red Baron Junk Sailing Tour with Transfers
- Guided Photography Tour with Golden Pagoda & Big Buddha
Fisherman’s RestaurantBaan Tai Pier
Fisherman's Restaurant is a long-established venue on Koh Phangan that offers fresh local seafood prepared by Chef Lek (Khun Thanaphorn). Standouts include fish ‘n’ chips, Thai-western fusion fish cakes, homemade fish pie, and BBQ ribs. An excellent choice of cocktail and wines, along with desserts of the day, are also available. You can choose to dine on a modified long-tail boat for a unique experience.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 1 pm to 10 pm
- Location: 30/6 Moo 1, Baan Tai, Koh phangan, Surat Thani 84280, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)84 454 7240
Luna LoungeThong Nai Pan Noi
Luna Lounge is paradoxically a stylish restaurant with a bohemian feel. It's just a short walk of Thong Nai Pan Beach, on the northeast coast of Koh Phangan. You can enjoy fine fusion cuisine and wines in a relaxed atmosphere.
Luna Lounge is also known for its professional management and staff. Prices are in line with the high standards of the restaurant but remain quite affordable.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5.30 pm to 10.30 pm
- Location: 8/25 Moo 5, Thong Nai Pan Noi, Koh Phangan, Surat Thani 84280, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)77 445 035
Beachlounge is a charming restaurant that occupies a wooden house right on the beach of Thong Sala. It's known for serving delicious Thai food, seafood and east-meets-west specialities, all of which are cooked with fresh ingredients.
Beachlounge has one of the most impressive wine selections in Koh Phangan, as well as excellent cocktails. You can sit on the front terrace under a thatched roof or on the beach, where there's a spacious mat with traditional triangular cushions. Rates are reasonable.
- Opening Hours: Daily from noon to 11 pm
- Location: 89/1 Moo 1, Thong Sala, Koh phangan, Surat Thani 84280, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)86 870 4942
Jumpahom RestaurantHaad Salad
Jumpahom Restaurant is a quaint rural-style venue surrounded by vegetation in Koh Phangan. It's around 550 metres south of Salad Beach, just off the main road. Here, you can enjoy genuine Thai cuisine in a very pleasant ambience. Jumpahom keeps things simple with foldout triangle cushions, hammocks and low tables on a wooden deck covered with a thatch roof.
- Opening Hours: Daily from noon to midnight
- Location: Haad Salad, Koh Phangan, Surat Thani 84280, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)81 144 3934
Bite DelightBaan Tai
Bite Delight is one of the most popular international restaurants in Koh Phangan. It has a lounge atmosphere in its cosy dining room, with dark green walls, wooden furnishing and dim lights. The menu includes Spanish and Portuguese specialities, as well as a selection of fusion dishes.
- Opening Hours: Wednesday–Monday from 6am to 11pm (closed on Tuesdays)
- Location: 64/9 Moo 2, Baan Tai, Koh Phangan, Surat Thani 84280, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)62 003 9391
Vintage BurgersThong Sala
Vintage Burgers Koh Phangan is just 550 metres from the Thong Sala Pier. Its juicy hamburgers, fresh off the sizzling grill, could almost convince the most hardcore vegetarian to change their ways. Under Portuguese management, this unpretentious yet well-thought-out venue has a very relaxed atmosphere.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5 pm to 10 pm
- Location: Moo 1, Soi Krungthai, Thong Sala, Koh Phangan, Surat Thani 84280, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)99 347 1983
Petty’s PlaceWok Tum
Petty’s Place is a simple Thai restaurant on the coastal roadside near Wok Tum Bay, just north of Thong Sala. The seating areas are slightly elevated and furnished with foldout triangle cushion and low tables. Petty’s Place serves absolutely delicious Thai dishes, including fresh seafood.
- Opening Hours: Tuesday–Sunday from 2 pm to 11 pm (closed on Mondays)
- Location: 53 Moo 4, Koh Phangan, Surat Thani 84280, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)98 726 6305
L’AlcoveHin Kong Beach
L’Alcove is a jazzy French bistro serving typical homemade specialities such as duck confit, delicatessen and cheese. The restaurant has a warm tropical décor, with bamboo walls covered with black and white photos, a thatch ceiling, wooden furniture, and vivid orange cushions.
Unobtrusive jazz music enhances the atmosphere, which is already pretty festive and friendly. You can also pick a table on the beach for a romantic dinner. L’Alcove is a stunning sundowner spot, so try to get there at opening time.
- Opening Hours: Tuesday–Thursday from 6 pm to midnight, Friday–Sunday from 6 pm to 1 am (closed on Mondays)
- Location: Hin Klong Beach, Koh Phangan, Surat Thani 84280, Thailand
Ying Ying’s KitchenHaad Salad
Yin Ying’s Kitchen exclusively serves genuine Thai cuisine – including vegetarian dishes – prepared with a lot of attention by the kind owner, Ying. She takes care of everything by herself in this modest restaurant. Here, you’ll certainly appreciate the laidback atmosphere and yummy food.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 1 pm to 10 pm
- Location: 64/42, Haad Salad, Koh Phangan, Surat Thani 84280, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)95 924 7433
Yukinoya is a stylish Japanese restaurant at Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan. You get to dine in rustic wooden settings with views of the Andaman Sea. Teppanyaki and refined Japanese specialities, as well as premium beverages, are on the menu. Thanks to the restaurant's open-kitchen concept, you can see professional chefs preparing meat and seafood on a piping hot griddle.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6.30 pm to 10.30 pm
- Location: 5/5 Moo 5, Thong Nai Pan Noi Beach, Baan Tai, Koh Phangan, Surat Thani 84280, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)77 956 660