It’s not unusual to find 7-Elevens in Thailand but what’s different about this one is that it is extremely busy. Be prepared to queue for some time when shopping here, it’s packed out.
- Opening Hours: 24/7
- Location: Haad Rin, Baan Tai, Koh Phangan, Surat Thani 84280, Thailand
Full Moon in Love Clothing Shop
This is a typical Haad Rin beach/party clothes shop at which you can score fluorescent bikinis, T-shirts, shorts and party paraphernalia. Fluorescent beachwear doesn’t come cheap and for those on a budget you’ll need to bargain hard – with a smile, of course.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 11pm
- Location: 94/100 Moo 6, Haad Rin, Baan Tai, Koh Phangan, Surat Thani 84280, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)86 664 4136
Clothes shop with an air-conditioned interior. Mostly dealing in ladies’ fashion, Fusion features locally made products. If there’s a name brand in here it’ll more than likely be a pirated version.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 10pm
- Location: 94/17 Moo 6, Haad Rin, Baan Tai, Koh Phangan, Surat Thani 84280, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)89 868 1938
Generic, ‘No-Name’ Supermarket
What this mart doesn’t sell you wouldn’t want to have anyway. Hippy bags, sunglasses, booze, straw mats, sarongs, fishermen pants, beachwear, souvenirs and gifts – the list is endless – all with a nonsensical ‘No Packing’ sign outside… your guess is as good as mine.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 10pm
- Location: Moo 6, Haad Rin, Baan Tai, Koh Phangan, Surat Thani 84280, Thailand
Nature Art Gallery
Nature Art Gallery has 2 branches in Haad Rin – each classy, clean and a treasure trove of handmade jewelry, made-to-order trinkets, semi- and precious stones, Buddha images, silver accessories, broaches, wallets, bags and textiles. It’s all helped along by English-speaking staff (Burmese of course) and a professional approach that is rare to find in this party town. Fixed prices.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11pm to 11pm
- Location: 94/27 and 133/25 Moo 6, Haad Rin, Baan Tai, Koh Phangan, Surat Thani 84280, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)77 375 246 and +66 (0)77 375 274
Thai pharmacies readily sell over-the-counter products that may need a doctor’s prescription in the west. As such, a typical qualified Thai chemist has surprisingly broad knowledge when it comes to drugs and medicine. The trouble is, when the chemist takes a break he or she will often leave an unqualified person or relative in their place.
- Opening Hours: Times vary but generally from 9am to 10pm with several staying open late on party nights. Southland International Clinic is open 24/24
- Location: Throughout Haad Rin
Haad Rin has proven to be a magnet for both tattooists and the tattooed. A ‘tat’ is a (somewhat indelible) souvenir of a tropical holiday and even though they don’t come cheap (12,000 baht for a leg tat) more than enough people go for one. For some strange reason the relation between the amount of alcohol consumed and the likelihood of getting a tattoo is exponential – so be warned – and the number of tattoo shops in Haad Rin testifies of this fact.
- Opening Hours: Generally from 10am until late
- Location: Throughout the town