It’s not unusual to find 7-Elevens in Thailand but what’s different about this one is that it is extremely busy. Be prepared to queue for some time when shopping here, it’s packed out.
- Opening Hours: 24/24
- Location: Haad Rin East
Oh la la! The last thing you’d expect in this virginal, innocent little town is a sexy lingerie shop yet there it stands, as bold as brass selling naughty nighties, babydolls, ‘Christmas’ outfits, G-strings, ‘adult costumes’ – even sexy PVC-leather corsets. FYI, outside of Bangkok you’d have to look far and wide to find this type of outlet. Fixed prices.
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 23:00 and much later on Full Moon Party nights
- Location: Haad Rin East – alley leading down to the party beach
Full Moon in Love Clothing Shop
This is a typical Haad Rin beach/party clothes shop at which you can score fluorescent bikinis, T-shirts, shorts and party paraphernalia. Fluorescent beachwear doesn’t come cheap and for those on a budget you’ll need to bargain hard – with a smile, of course.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – very late on party nights
- Location: Central Haad Rin
Clothes shop with an air-conditioned interior. Mostly dealing in ladies’ fashion, Fusion features locally made products. If there’s a name brand in here it’ll more than likely be a pirated version.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – whenever there are customers
- Location: Central Haad Rin leading down to party beach (Haad Rin East)
Generic, ‘No-Name’ Supermarket
What this mart doesn’t sell you wouldn’t want to have anyway. Hippy bags, sunglasses, booze, straw mats, sarongs, fishermen pants, beachwear, souvenirs and gifts – the list is endless – all with a nonsensical ‘No Packing’ sign outside… your guess is as good as mine.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 22:00
- Location: Central Haad Rin near 7-Eleven
Nature Art Gallery
Nature Art Gallery has three branches in Haad Rin – each classy, clean and a treasure trove of handmade jewelry, made-to-order trinkets, semi- and precious stones, Buddha images, silver accessories, broaches, wallets, bags and textiles. It’s all helped along by English-speaking staff (Burmese of course) and a professional approach that is rare to find in this party town. Fixed prices.
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 23:00
- Location: Three branches, all in Central Haad Rin
- Tel: 077 375 246
Thai pharmacies readily sell over-the-counter products that may need a doctor’s prescription in the west. As such, a typical qualified Thai chemist has surprisingly broad knowledge when it comes to drugs and medicine. The trouble is, when the chemist takes a break he or she will often leave an unqualified person or relative in their place.
- Opening Hours: Times vary but generally 09:00 – 22:00 with several staying open late on party nights. Southland International Clinic is open 24/24
- Location: Throughout Haad Rin
Haad Rin has proven to be a magnet for both tattooists and the tattooed. A ‘tat’ is a (somewhat indelible) souvenir of a tropical holiday and even though they don’t come cheap (12,000 baht for a leg tat) more than enough people go for one. For some strange reason the relation between the amount of alcohol consumed and the likelihood of getting a tattoo is exponential – so be warned – and the number of tattoo shops in Haad Rin testifies of this fact.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – very late
- Location: Throughout the town