Run by the ever-amiable Mr. Set, Apache is something of a local institution and is popular with local expats. Apache has a bar section and a sit-down, relaxing part with Thai ‘mon’ cushions. Mr. Set is a local ‘character’ and can recount tales of how the island was when he was a boy – a lot different, to say the very least. Definitely worth a visit.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 9am to 9pm, closed on Sundays
- Location: 84/2 Moo 8, Haad Yao, Koh Phangan, Surat Thani 84280, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)77 349 150
Ibiza Restaurant & Bar
On a lush lawn in a coconut plantation a few steps back from Haad Yao Beach, Ibiza’s must be the only bar on the island with an ATM machine in it. It must come in handy when buying large rounds, but in reality Jack’s is not that expensive. With a large-screen TV and an attractive fountain, Ibiza’s also does food.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 7am to 8pm
- Location: 7/11, Haad Yao, Koh Phangan, Surat Thani 84280, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)77 349 121, +66 (0)81 968 4727