Black Moon Party on Koh Phangan is a monthly celebration that brings Mac’s Bay of Baan Tai Beach (on the island’s southern coast) to life with DJs spinning underground trance and progressive dance beats. The event was established by Blackmoon Culture in 1999 and has since become one of the largest parties on the island. There’s also a focus on art, which you might not find in full moon parties that take place on Haad Rin Beach.
- Ang Thong Adventure Tour
- Ko Tao & Ko Nang Yuan Snorkeling Tour
- Jungle Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Around the Island Tour
- Temples & City Tour
- Big Game Fishing Full-Day Tour
- 4-Wheel ATV Adventure
- Red Baron Junk Sailing Tour with Transfers
- Guided Photography Tour with Golden Pagoda & Big Buddha
Good to know about Black Moon Party in Koh Phangan
Black Moon Party is usually held on the night of the new moon, with entry costing from around 600 baht. The party has a more chilled-out and hippie vibe than Koh Phangan’s larger and more famous full-moon events. The music is generally much less mainstream. Baan Tai Beach is also relatively small, so you will usually find about 1,000 revellers enjoying the music rather than getting blackout drunk.
Black Moon Party in Koh Phangan
- Opening Hours: Vary by month
- Location: Baan Tai Beach, Koh Phangan, Surat Thani 84330, Thailand