Ando Loco Restaurant & Bar
Ando Loco Restaurant & Bar is medium-sized, cleverly lit and serves Mexican dishes at affordable prices. The Mexican restaurant is a popular place with expats and gets very busy at night. It's known for its vegetarian menu and range of burritos, tortillas, chimichangas, salsas, and all things Mexican.
You can enjoy a free pool table and a happy-go-lucky atmosphere at Ando Loco Restaurant & Bar. A strange, or loco, quirk is that if you dine with 4 people or more, a 10% service charge will be added to the bill.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Tuesday and Thursday–Saturday from 2 pm to 10.30 pm, Sunday from 2 pm to 11 pm (closed on Wednesdays)
- Location: 90/15, Talad Kao Road, Thong Sala, Koh Phangan, Surat Thani 84280, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)85 791 7600
A’s Famous is a popular American restaurant in Thong Sala, about 600 metres from the Thong Sala Pier. It specialises in homebaked goods, coffee and juices, as well as simple western breakfasts. Its upper floor houses the Buakao Inn Guesthouse, so you'll often see backpackers frequenting the restaurant. There's also free Wi-Fi throughout the simple setting.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9 am to 5 pm
- Location: 146 Moo 1, Soi Krungthai, Thong Sala, Koh Phangan, Surat Thani 84280, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)77 377 226
Beachlounge is a charming restaurant serving delicious Thai food, seafood and east-meets-west specialities. All the dishes are cooked with fresh ingredients. It also has one of the most impressive wine selections in Koh Phangan, as well as excellent cocktails.
Beachlounge occupies an old wooden house right on the beach of Thong Sala, around 1 km east of the Thongsala Pier. You can choose to sit on the front terrace under a thatched roof, or on a beach mat with a foldout triangle cushion to dine with your toes in the sand. Rates are reasonable.
- Opening Hours: Tuesday–Sunday from noon to 10 pm (closed on Mondays)
- Location: 89/1 Moo 1, Thong Sala, Koh phangan, Surat Thani 84280, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)86 870 4942
Casa Italiana Pizza is small and modest-looking, but still delivers excellent food in Koh Phangan. It has only 5 tables and a tiny intimate bar, so your food comes really fast. Expect classics like pizzas, pasta, and lasagnas, as well as fruit shakes on the menu.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 8 am to 10 pm
- Location: Moo 1, Taladkao Rd, Thong Sala, Koh Phangan, Surat Thani 84280, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)90 402 1171
Food Factory is Koh Phangan’s only 24/7 dining outlet, strategically located near a string of bars in Baan Tai. It has large-screen TVs, bright lighting, and a roadside location. Food-wise, expect juicy burgers and classic pizzas.
Food Factory often runs cut-price drinks promotions, such as buy-one-free-one beers on Thirsty Thursday. You can catch all major sports events while enjoying a drink or 2 at this friendly restaurant.
- Opening Hours: 24/7
- Location: Moo 1, Thongsala-Baan Tai Road, Thong Sala, Koh Phangan, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Address: +66 (0)87 904 3923
The Masons Arms
The Masons Arms is a genuine English pub in Koh Phangan, about 2.5 km north of the Thong Sala Pier. It sports a complete pub menu with all-day breakfasts, roasts, sausages – everything, right down to the Branston pickle! You can also enjoy English beer on tap and Thatcher’s cider.
The Masons Arms is spacious, air-conditioned with an upstairs terrace, a beer garden, and a free jukebox. A pool table and a darts board are available if you fancy a game.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9.30am to midnight
- Location: 145/5 Thong Sala, Koh Phangan, Surat Thani 84280, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)62 456 0192
Phantip Night Food Market
The Phantip Night Food Market stands in the middle of Thong Sala, making it one of the most convenient places to eat in Koh Phangan. The market has dozens of stalls selling local delicacies, including grilled fish, meatballs, curries, vegetables, fruit, cakes and a whole lot more.
A jocular atmosphere pervades here, with vendors offering free samples. There's a central dining area where you can comfortably enjoy full meals. A must-try is the northeastern speciality som tam (papaya salad) with grilled chicken.
- Opening Hours: Daily from noon to 10 pm
- Location: Moo 1, Thong Sala, Koh Phangan, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
Vintage Burgers Koh Phangan is just 550 metres from the Thong Sala Pier. Its juicy hamburgers, fresh off the sizzling grill, could almost convince the most hardcore vegetarian to change their ways. Under Portuguese management, this unpretentious yet well-thought-out venue has a very relaxed atmosphere.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5pm to 10pm
- Location: Moo 1, Soi Krungthai, Thong Sala, Koh Phangan, Surat Thani 84280, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)99 347 1983