The strip of beer bars on Lamai Beach Road is locally referred to as Soi McDonalds. Unsurprisingly, it takes its name from the McDonald’s burger restaurant on the corner, but the 60m soi is mostly known for its collection of cheap and lively beer bars, making it one of the go-to streets for those seeking a lively night in Lamai.
This short and fairly wide side street cuts off the main road running through the middle of Lamai (Haad Lamai Road) and provides access to beachfront restaurants, bars and hotels like Swing Bar and Chill In.
- Ang Thong Adventure Tour
- Ko Tao & Ko Nang Yuan Snorkeling Tour
- Jungle Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Around the Island Tour
- Temples & City Tour
- Big Game Fishing Full-Day Tour
- 4-Wheel ATV Adventure
- Red Baron Junk Sailing Tour with Transfers
- Guided Photography Tour with Golden Pagoda & Big Buddha
What are the highlights of Soi McDonalds in Lamai Beach?
Down this small street, you will find a handful of beer bars. These establishments follow the same general pattern as the bars in Lamai Central Plaza – a roughly round, roofed structure with neon lights, loud music, a couple of chrome poles and cheap drinks.
Bar names include Winner Serene Bar, Naree Bar and the Mermaid Bar. The other side of the road is home to a spa and a couple of small restaurants.
- Location: Moo 3, Haad Lamai Rd, Maret, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84140, Thailand