Lamai Fresh Food Market is a compact assault on the senses, filled with strong smells, remarkable sights and exotic flavours in a surprisingly small roofed area. As the name suggests, the market specialises in fresh ingredients (in Lamai), including meat, seafood, fruit, vegetables, herbs and spices.
- Ang Thong Adventure Tour
- Ko Tao & Ko Nang Yuan Snorkeling Tour
- Jungle Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Around the Island Tour
- Temples & City Tour
- Big Game Fishing Full-Day Tour
- 4-Wheel ATV Adventure
- Red Baron Junk Sailing Tour with Transfers
- Guided Photography Tour with Golden Pagoda & Big Buddha
The front part of the market has a good choice of street food-style stands serving up local Thai dishes at amazing prices, including a surprising array of teas and coffees for 12 baht (displayed in plastic bags secured with elastic bands, but served in a cup with ice) and various curries from 30-50 baht. Unlike a food court, there is no seating available nearby, though there are a couple of restaurants which flank the market’s entrance.
Further back, within Lamai Fresh Food Market, you will find the ingredients on sale along four aisles, with excellent prices available on a huge choice of local ingredients. It is a great place to buy if you are on a self-catering holiday with a tight budget or want to experiment with some local-style Thai dishes.
Lamai Fresh Food Market
- Opening Hours: 05:00 – 20:00
- Location: Behind PTT petrol station, just off Route 4169, Lamai