Maenam Restaurant & Cooking School0
Arun@Samui is not only an award-winning Thai restaurant (albeit a quirky one) but is also a cooking school. Sue, the owner, used to live in Sydney, where her restaurant won the 1991 ‘Bent Fork’ award and has since moved back to Samui.
Arun@Samui restaurant welcomes people every day except Wednesdays. Arun is, in effect, a shop-house on the main ring road that features traditional Thai dishes (eschewing MSG) such as som tam (papaya salad) spring rolls, several soups and a lot more.Read More
- Jungle Adventure
- Half-Day Eco Tour
- Guided Photography Tour with Golden Pagoda & Big Buddha
- Beer, Wine & Rum Tasting Tour with Lunch
- Around the Island Tour with Lunch & Spa Treatment
- Relaxing Spa Treatment at the Natural Wing Spa
- Chanita Thai Cooking Class
- Around the Island Tour
- Samui Aquarium & Tiger Zoo Tour
- 4-Wheel ATV Adventure
Still, Arun has more to it than that: Every Tuesday and Thursday at midday Sue runs Thai cooking classes; students can choose between three or five courses and lessons start at 1,000 baht.
As for dining at Arun@Samui, prices are surprisingly low and you’re definitely in for a one-on-one Thai experience in this compact restaurant. Another unusual aspect of this outlet is that Sue asks people to bring their own wine. Now that’s original. Thankfully, Wine Connection is down the road.
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 22:00 closed Wednesdays
- Location: Next to the K. Bank ATM on Mae Nam’s ring road
- Tel: 077 921 566