The Maenam Walking Street offers a lovely and lively shopping experience in Koh Samui. It takes place on Thursdays evenings, just a few minutes away from Mae Nam Beach on foot. Finding a place to park nearby the market can be rather tricky, so it’s a good idea to get there before 6pm.
- Ang Thong Adventure Tour
- Ko Tao & Ko Nang Yuan Snorkeling Tour
- Jungle Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Around the Island Tour
- Temples & City Tour
- Big Game Fishing Full-Day Tour
- 4-Wheel ATV Adventure
- Red Baron Junk Sailing Tour with Transfers
- Guided Photography Tour with Golden Pagoda & Big Buddha
Highlights of Maenam Walking Street
The walking street is only around 200 metres long, but it’s packed with interesting stalls, snack vendors and even mobile cocktail bars. As you stroll down the street you’ll come across corn-on-the-cob and sweets vendors, as well as stalls selling denim, tee shirts, sunglasses, second-hand clothes, and handicrafts.
The mobile cocktail bars offer drinks from around 60 baht – a quarter of the price of those sold in nearby 5-star hotels. Towards the end of the market, you’ll come across a colourfully lit Chinese temple.
Take your time exploring the Maenam Walking Street – on some nights, you can enjoy live music by enterprising Thai teens. If you wish to take it all in over dinner, you’re never far from delicious food at this night market.
Maenam Walking Street
- Opening Hours: Thursday from 5pm to 11pm
- Location: Moo 1, Baan Mae Nam, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84330, Thailand