Soi Reggae takes its name from the huge and extremely popular Reggae Pub at its end, in much the same way as its more famous sister street – Soi Green Mango – is named after the largest and most renowned venue there. Like Green Mango, Soi Reggae has become a hub for nightlife in Chaweng, featuring Muay Thai bouts, nightclubs, karaoke and the pink-neon-lit beer bars which are an inevitable part of the nightlife across Thailand.
The 200m road leading up to Reggae Pub is something of an unavoidable gauntlet of these bars, with loud music and cries of “hello handsome man” from both sides. The ladies who work here are rather more aggressively friendly than elsewhere in Chaweng, particularly as the area has seen a decline in popularity in recent years with the rise of ARK Bar. However, approached with good humour, they can be fun places to enjoy a few laughs, a few games of pool and some very cheap drinks. Notable names include Position 69, Thairish Bar and Sexy Bar.
- Ang Thong Adventure Tour
- Ko Tao & Ko Nang Yuan Snorkeling Tour
- Jungle Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Around the Island Tour
- Temples & City Tour
- Big Game Fishing Full-Day Tour
- 4-Wheel ATV Adventure
- Red Baron Junk Sailing Tour with Transfers
- Guided Photography Tour with Golden Pagoda & Big Buddha
All Bars and Pubs in Soi Reggae - Chaweng
Quite a modest-looking venue from the outside (except for the purple walls), inside you will find a very popular karaoke bar and nightclub. Israeli-run, with live DJs and groups almost universally from Israel, it is no surprise that it is most popular with tourists of that ilk. The club has been running since 2012 and its remarkable popularity led them to open a sister-venue in Phuket in 2015. It’s quite a small venue where the style is to sit and socialise rather than stand and dance.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9pm to 2am
- Address: 3/88 Moo 2, Laem Din Rd, Chaweng, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)95 410 6000
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/ThailandCocoBar
The well-established two-storey nightclub and bar is still the real highlight of the street which takes its name, as well as the whole of the little peninsular that juts into Chaweng Lake. Getting particularly busy after 23:00, the musical selection is largely easy-going reggae, with some rock and hip-hop to add some spice. It has a friendly and laid-back atmosphere and competitive drinks prices. You will also find the equally-large Reggae Restaurant just over the road, next to a huge electric guitar.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6pm to 2am
- Location: 3/3 Moo 2, Laem Din Rd, Chaweng, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)62 374 5175
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/ReggaePubKohSamui
Samui International Muay Thai Stadium
Also known as the Hat Chaweng Boxing Stadium, this is the smallest and most obscure of the three Muay Thai stadiums in Chaweng. Ticket prices are around 1,000 baht each, depending on where you choose to sit, with fights every Monday and Friday (and Sunday during high season). The stadium has a lively atmosphere, good live commentary and an international array of fighters, whose bouts are interspersed with traditional Thai music.
- Opening Hours: Fights start at 6pm on Mondays & Fridays (plus Sundays during high season)
- Location: 3/2 Laem Din Rd, Chaweng, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)62 645 1245
- Tour Available: Thai Boxing in Chaweng