Enjoying a drink at one of the best sunset bars in Samui will permit you to discover the lesser known beaches on the west coast of Samui Island. Namely, Taling Ngam, Lipa Noi and other small coves are not yet as famous and crowded as Chaweng and Lamai on the east coast of the island, although they feature a great choice of beachfront dining opportunities under the coconut trees most of them are fringed with.
Standalone or belonging to a hotel, these top sundowner spot in Koh Samui will add a real and memorable exotic touch to your holiday in the Gulf of Thailand. What could be more romantic than to sip a skillfully mixed cocktail in a pleasantly warm environment caressed by the tropical breeze, while watching the sun sink into the horizon?
- Ang Thong Adventure Tour
- Ko Tao & Ko Nang Yuan Snorkeling Tour
- Jungle Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Around the Island Tour
- Temples & City Tour
- Big Game Fishing Full-Day Tour
- 4-Wheel ATV Adventure
- Red Baron Junk Sailing Tour with Transfers
- Guided Photography Tour with Golden Pagoda & Big Buddha
Air BarTaling Ngam
Belonging to the Intercontinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort, Air Bar is a top-notch venue to enjoy a sundowner. Settled on a large wooden terrace overlooking the sea, and offering a stunning panoramic view featuring islands and islets in the background, Air Bar serves delicious cocktails, as well as tapas and snacks such as sushi and sashimi in refined yet, natural settings. Note that rates are pretty steep, as quality usually comes at a certain price.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5pm to midnight
- Location: Intercontinental Samui Resort, 295 Moo 3, Taling Ngam, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84140 Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)77 429 100
Nikki Beach SamuiLipa Noi
Nikki Beach Koh Samui is the premier high-end beach club and resort on the island. Located on the pristine Lipa Noi Beach on the west coast, it is the only club of its kind to enjoy stunning sunsets, best viewed from the luxurious poolside sun loungers and cabanas. The beach club is part of the exclusive 48-room Nikki Beach Resort Koh Samui and has been the top VIP chill-out beach experience since its opening in 2009. Reservations are recommended. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 8am to 1am
- Location: Nikki Beach Resort Koh Samui, 96/3 Moo 2, Lipa Noi, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84140, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)77 914 500
The Virgin Coast RestaurantTaling Ngam
Found in an idyllic tropical setting on Taling Ngam beachfront, The Virgin Coast Restaurant is a very pleasant dining venue. Surrounded by coconut trees and facing the west, it is a great sunset spot, built and furnished in wood, bamboo and thatch. Regarding food, the chef juggles with Thai and western influences to serve top-notch fusion cuisine as well as more traditional local and international dishes, including seafood.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 10pm
- Location: 166/9 Moo 1, Taling Ngam, Koh Samui District, Surat Thani 84140, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)77 270 689
Woobar is part of the stylish W Retreat Koh Samui, a modern upscale resort located on the small cape separating Bophut from Maenam. Featuring a large outdoor deck with swimming pool, the bar has a stunning contemporary style enhanced by the panoramic view over the sea, which encompasses the northeastern part of Samui, and Koh Phangan lying some 12km away off the shore. Even though the bar doesn’t directly face the sunset, it offers a pleasant sundowner spot due to its amazing view. Note that there’s a 600 baht entrance fee applied between 11:00 and 18:30, which can be redeemed against food and beverages.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 12am
- Location: W Retreat Koh Samui, 4/1 Moo 1, Maenam, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84330, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)77 915 999
Jahn RestaurantTaling Ngam
Jahn Restaurant is an exclusive dining venue at the stylish Conrad Koh Samui, located in Taling Ngam district at the southwestern tip of Samui Island. Perched on a hill above Phang Ka Bay, Jahn features a wooden terrace offering stunning views of five islands lying off the coast of Samui, giving diners a fanciful timeless feeling, especially at sunset, when the warm colours of the sky reveal the magnificence of tropical seaside areas. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5pm to 11pm
- Location: Conrad Koh Samui, 49/8 Hillcrest Road, Taling Ngam, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84140, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)77 915 888
The Island View RestaurantTaling Ngam
The Island View Restaurant is a beachfront venue located in Taling Ngam, on the west coast of Samui Island, a stroll away south from Am Samui Resort. This great casual restaurant is the perfect place to spend a relaxing dinner on the beach while sampling delicious local specialities.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 9pm
- Location: 348 Moo 3, Nara-Taling-Ngam Rd, Taling Ngam, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84140, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)93 575 8209
Located right on Maenam Beach, between Ampha Place Hotel and Sensimar Resort, Zenzibar Beach Bar & Restaurant serves a great choice of traditional Thai and international dishes, including seafood fare. Even though the restaurant is facing north, with great views to Koh Phangan, Zenzibar is a reputed sundowner spot renowned for the quality of its cocktails.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 12pm to 10pm
- Location: 18/33 Maenam, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84330, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)62 315 2324
Beryl BarLaem Yai
Located right on Laem Yai Beach, at the western end of Bang Por in the north of Samui Island, Beryl Bar is a simple reggae-style bar and restaurant renowned for its laid-back atmosphere, good food, and cold beers. This unpretentious venue has a genuine Thai feel, and is a great sundowner spot. The dirt road to get there is a bit tricky to handle on a motorbike, but the sunset view is definitely worth the effort.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 8am to 10pm
- Location: Moo 5, Laem Yai Beach, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84140, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)93 642 8399
Think & Retro Cafe’Lipa Noi
Part of a hotel with the same name, Think & Retro Cafe’ is really a quirky and unique place. Entire built under the concept of recycling, the buildings are made with shipping containers, and the furnishing items and decorative ornaments are all made with objects enjoying their second life. And it looks pretty good! Located right on Lipa Noi Beach, therefore facing west, Retro Bar and Restaurant offers a fantastic spot to enjoy a sunset drinks in Samui at fair rates.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 8.30 to 10pm
- Location: 38/48 Lipa Noi Beach, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84140, Thailand
- Tel: +66(0)77 423 951
Hemingway's on the BeachThong Krut
Settled amidst coconut trees directly on the secluded beach of Thongkrut fisherman’s village in the south of Samui, Hemingway’s on the Beach is an extremely popular sundowner beachfront restaurant. Hemingway’s on the Beach features simple settings, great views to Taen and Mudsum islands, and serves top-notch homemade Thai dishes - what more could you want for a wonderful evening off the beaten track in Samui?
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 10am to 8pm
- Location: Unit 2, 79/1 Moo 5, Road 4170, Baan Thong Krut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84140, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)61 178 5550