This list of 10 great tattoo shops in Samui will allow you to get inked in style during your holiday. Tattooing is an ancestral art that has had a chequered reputation. However, since the end of the 20th century, it has become more and more fashionable and well accepted.
In Samui, the number of tattoo studios available is rather impressive. Most of them are situated in the prime resort towns such as Chaweng and Lamai. The most popular tattoo artists in Koh Samui presented below are not only skilled in drawing and tattooing, they also offer a safe environment, with strict hygiene for the wellbeing of their customers.
- Ang Thong Adventure Tour
- Ko Tao & Ko Nang Yuan Snorkeling Tour
- Jungle Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Around the Island Tour
- Temples & City Tour
- Big Game Fishing Full-Day Tour
- 4-Wheel ATV Adventure
- Red Baron Junk Sailing Tour with Transfers
- Guided Photography Tour with Golden Pagoda & Big Buddha
Opened in 2008, Samui Ink Tattoo is one of the most famous tattoo shops in Chaweng. In fact, Samui Ink has 2 studios; one opposite Sound Club in Soi Green Mango, and one at Best Beach Bungalow, right on the beach. Samui Ink Tattoo can realise any type of design, from Japanese to Celtic, and from Tribal to Sak Yant (Thai religious tattoos). They work with machine or bamboo, with sterilized equipment in spotless surroundings.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - midnight
- Location: Soi Green Mango, opposite Sound Club
- Tel: +66 (0)84 445 7520
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/SamuiInk/
Established in Lamai since 2009, Thai Lamai Studio is the baby of Mr. Tak, a former student who graduated from Silpakorn University in Bangkok, the most renowned art university in Thailand. Tak’s preferences lean towards Thai and realistic designs, but he can realise any style of tattoo. Bring along your ideas, and he’ll be happy to discuss with you, and make a splendid tattoo out of them. Tak works with an electric tattoo machine.
- Opening Hours: 11:00 - 22:00
- Location: On Samui Ring Road in Lamai, opposite SCL International School
- Tel: +66 (0)83 650 2527
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/thailamaitattoo/
Located right opposite Xin City Sports Bar on Chaweng Beach Road, Starcat Tattoo covers most types of design, including cover up, free-hand, Sak Yant, tribal, Japanese, you name it. If you are not sure about what you’d like to get tattooed with, Mr. Nunu, the manager, is here to assist you and give you good advice.
- Opening Hours: 13:00 – 23:00
- Location: Opposite Xin City Sports Bar on Chaweng Beach Road
- Tel: +66 (0)83 522 2311
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/Starcattattoo/
Owen is a long-established tattoo artist in Samui. His studio, Power Art Tattoo has been open since 1999, and is located on Chaweng Beach Road, at the southern end of the beach, near the popular Phensiri Thai Bistro. Owen has made a name for himself thanks to his outstanding skills as a tattooist. Along with his fellow artists, they can ink any style of tattoo. They work with electric tattoo machines.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 22:00
- Location: On Suan U Thit Road at the southern end of Chaweng Beach, diagonally opposite Phensiri Thai Bistro
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Power-Art-TATTOO-by-OWEN/103323933106789
After safely starting his career by making henna tattoos, Mr. Tong switched his brushes for an electric tattoo machine. His studio was opened in 1999 in Bophut’s Fisherman’s Village, before moving to its actual location on Bangrak Beach Road. The studio is literally tiny, which doesn’t really give justice to Tong’s talent. Using imported inks, brand new needles for each customer, and taking care of all the hygienic aspect of his discipline, Tong is as skilled as he is friendly.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 22:00
- Location: On Bangrak Beach Road, 500m before to reach Samui Pier Beachfront Resort
- Tel: +66 (0)83 973 4522
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/tongtattoo.samui/
Settled on Soi Solo Bar in the heart of Chaweng resort town, Power Bear Tattoo is run by 2 talented tattooists, Mr. Mee and Mr. Ray. Their studio is air conditioned and extremely clean, as working in a top-notch hygienic environment is their top priority. From Maori to Thai, and from fantasy to Japanese, Power Bear Tattoo can realise stunning designs in any style. They also can make custom-design following your request.
- Opening Hours: 13:00 - late
- Location: On Soi Bar Solo, off Chaweng Beach Road
- Tel: +66 (0)81 060 9767
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Power-Bear-Tattoo/328191400581766
Mr. Khon has been working as a tattooist since 1997. Established in the heart of Lamai Town, in a small plaza right next to Shamrock Irish Pub, he runs his tattoo and body piercing studio with his Norwegian wife. His long experience in tattooing ensures you to get beautiful inked designs in any style, realised in super clean conditions. The equipment is sterilized, and new needles are used for each customer.
- Opening Hours: 12:00 – 22:00
- Location: Behind Subway, next to Shamrock Irish Pub in the centre of Lamai
- Tel: +66 (0)89 290 9357
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/Tattoos-by-MRKHON-199454740091144/
Mr. Add has been an established tattooist since 1998. His studio is small by the size, but offers aficionados a great choice of designs perfectly inked by the steady hand of this talented artist. Tribal, Maori, Sak Yant, and more, Add and his partners can ink you with the motif of your choice, and can even create a unique design for you. Extreme Tattoo Studio is spotless; all the equipment is sterilized.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 23:00
- Location: 60m before Chaweng Seafood Centre on Chumchon Chaweng Yai Soi 4 (the street that links the Ring Road to Chaweng Beach Road, just north of the lake).
- Tel: +66 (0) 91 823 0765
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/Extreme-Tattoo-by-Add-Koh-Samui-726775710719369/
After obtaining a university art degree in the nineties, Mr. Dee has been travelling the world, making tattoos in many European countries and in Australia before settling in Lamai on the east coast of Samui. The studio is located in the centre of Lamai resort town, in a small street just before Shamrock Irish Pub. The long experience of Mr. Dee allows him to tattoo any style, according to your taste. Do not hesitate to discuss with him about what you’re looking for, he’ll be pleased to give you good advice.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 22:00
- Location: In the centre of Lamai, in the soi right before Shamrock Irish Pub
- Tel: +66 (0)89 908 4675
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/MR-DEE-TATTOO-SAMUI-214910671856828/
Located on Chaweng Beach Road diagonally opposite The Library, Predator Tattoo II is a popular tattoo shop in Samui. Mr. Puwadol and Mr. Thongchai are two confirmed tattooists who are as nice as they are skilled. They can ink you with any style, and always do their best to exceed your expectations. They’ll welcome your most original ideas, and realise them with style. They work with electric tattoo machines.
- Opening Hours: 13:00 – 01:00
- Location: Diagonally opposite The Library Resort on Chaweng Beach Road
- Tel: +66 (0)80 586 6186
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Predator-Tattoo-ll/1597297293891787