The best shopping opportunities in Samui are located in the most popular resort towns of the island: from Chaweng, which hosts an impressive scene of boutiques and shopping malls including the giant Central Festival Samui, to Lamai to Bophut to Maenam which respectively host a mellower yet interesting shopping scene, shopaholics can certainly find something for their taste on Koh Samui.
It never hurts to bargain, too - especially in privately owned stores and at markets, although in fixed-price supermarkets and stores it's obviously not a good idea. Have a browse through our Top 10 Shopping venues List to see where those bargains are hiding.
- Ang Thong Adventure Tour
- Ko Tao & Ko Nang Yuan Snorkeling Tour
- Jungle Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Around the Island Tour
- Temples & City Tour
- Big Game Fishing Full-Day Tour
- 4-Wheel ATV Adventure
- Red Baron Junk Sailing Tour with Transfers
- Guided Photography Tour with Golden Pagoda & Big Buddha
Central Festival SamuiChaweng
Central Festival Samui describes itself as 'the most complete and largest lifestyle shopping complex in Samui’; with three storeys and around 90,000sqm of retail space, there couldn't be a better description for this huge shopping and dining mall, which is located between Chaweng's Beach Road and the nearby lake. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 11pm
- Location: 209/3 Moo 2, Bophut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)77 913 000
Lamai Walking StreetLamai
Lamai Walking Street (aka Lamai Jai Dee Walking Street, meaning Lamai ‘Kind-Hearted Walking Street’) is held every Sunday on Lamai Beach Road in between the fresh market and the bridge in the northeastern part of the town. For this occasion, the road is closed off to traffic and is full of stalls selling clothes, handicrafts and local street food. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Sundays from 5pm to 10pm
- Location: Haad Lamai Rd, Maret, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84310, Thailand
Fisherman’s Village Walking Street brings the quiet, sleepy town of Bophut to life every Friday from 17:00 to 23:00. It sees the narrow Beach Road and adjoining streets crammed with market stalls and shoppers from across Koh Samui, with a diverse range of wares available at very low prices. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Fridays from 5pm to 11pm
- Location: Bophut Beach Road, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
Chaweng Beach Road ShoppingChaweng Beach
For those looking for beachwear, sportswear, imported leisurewear, and cheap-and-cheerful holiday wear Chaweng can seem like heaven itself. Simply stroll along the main beach road and take in the wonder world that is Chaweng shopping. Read More...
- Location: Chaweng Beach Rd, Bophut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
In the centre of town, diagonally opposite McDonald's and leading to a bar beer square, you'll find a mini-version of Bangkok's Patpong night market. With lots of pirated goods, copied clothes, trashy 'Swiss' army knives, the usual displays of flip flops. It's a fun place to get your shopping in. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 5pm to 10pm (closed on Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays)
- Location: Lamai Centre, 139/24 Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84310, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)84 695 3502
Chaweng Walking StreetChaweng Beach
Chaweng Walking Street is a riot of colours, sounds and scents. This is where you can haggle for items such as T-shirts, sunglasses, knockoff watches, beach dresses, lamps, sexy cutoff jeans; copied Ralph Laurent polo shirts, flip-flops, bags of all shapes and sizes, carved wooden souvenirs, kids clothing and cosmetics. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Thursday and Saturdays from about 4.30pm to 12am. Closed on Fridays and Sundays.
- Location: 39/36 Chaweng Beach Rd, Bophut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)77 961 910
This is a lovely but rather noisy family experience and the only difficult thing about visiting Mae Nam walking street on Thursday evenings when the market takes place is finding a place to park nearby but this can be circumvented by getting there early before six o’clock. Mae Nam’s walking street is only a couple of hundred metres long but it’s packed with interesting stalls, snack vendors and even mobile cocktail bars! Read More...
- Opening Hours: Thursday from 5pm to 11pm
- Location: Moo 1, Baan Mae Nam, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84330, Thailand
The Wharf SamuiBophut
The Wharf Samui is a stylish cross between a shopping mall and a marketplace. A 5,000 sqm open-air space with 120 units in a mix of eastern and western historical architectural styles, it blends smoothly with the existing attractions of Fisherman’s Village, adding an impressive selection of good-quality products and services to the already excellent shopping in Bophut. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 2pm to 11pm (closed on Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays)
- Location: 62 Moo 1, Bophut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)77 425 500
Samui Hot ClubNathon & Lamai
Samui Hot Club has row after row of colourful sarongs, T-shirts, beachwear and more, all billowing under extra-strong ceiling and floor fans. It also has strict purchasing rules: Customers are not allowed to try items on and once purchased the shop will not refund or exchange them. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9am to 8pm
- Location: 3 branches in Nathon, Lipa Noi and downtown Lamai