Donsak Pier near Surat Thani
Koh Samui Travel Information0
For many travellers to Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao, Donsak Pier, some 40km south of Surat Thani, is their port of exit. As you enter Donsak Pier you’ll come across a large car park where vehicles queue. Passengers alight here to purchase tickets at the booths in the terminus.
The naturally-lit terminus itself is where travellers can grab a meal, shop for snacks, withdraw funds from one of the several ATM machines and generally relax in front of a TV while waiting for their ferry to arrive.Read More
- Jungle Adventure
- Half-Day Eco Tour
- Guided Photography Tour with Golden Pagoda & Big Buddha
- Beer, Wine & Rum Tasting Tour with Lunch
- Around the Island Tour with Lunch & Spa Treatment
- Relaxing Spa Treatment at the Natural Wing Spa
- Chanita Thai Cooking Class
- Around the Island Tour
- Samui Aquarium & Tiger Zoo Tour
- 4-Wheel ATV Adventure
The restaurant at Donsak may seem at first not more than a canteen but on closer inspection it reveals itself to have a good choice of prepared-that-morning plates displayed buffet style.
Simply make whatever food combination you wish from the covered food trays by pointing to your choice. Dishes include several curries, fried and boiled eggs, fried vegetables, basil and chicken and much more. The nice surprise is that it’s all very, very cheap.
For safety reasons, passengers embark separately from cars so non-drivers will find themselves catching up with the latest Thai soap operas on the waiting-room TV whether they like it or not.
If this bores you, you can shop for snacks and drinks in the convenience store or wait in the central area which is equipped with benches but you won’t be allowed access to outdoors or anywhere near the ferry until the incoming cars and passengers have fully disembarked.
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Tel: Seatran Ferry Tel: 082 240 2582
Racha Ferry Tel: 077 371 151, 077 371 026 (Don Sak Office) or 077 423 026 (Ko Samui Office)
- Price Range: Prices are reasonnable: for the trip from Donsak to Koh Samui, expect to pay 150 baht for a passenger and 470 baht for a car and its driver.