Our pick of great restaurants in Koh Samui show how the island is now a culinary destination in its own right. It boasts several world-class restaurants featuring extremely talented and innovative chefs. From genuine, traditional Thai cuisine to trendy fusion creations, Koh Samui's best restaurants have a myriad of flavours for you to discover.
Have a browse through our pick of some of the great restaurants in Koh Samui to find those that correspond to your taste and requirements in this highly personal field. Cliffside dining? Of course! Beachside? Obviously. On Koh Samui, it's merely a question of knowing where to look.
- Ang Thong Adventure Tour
- Ko Tao & Ko Nang Yuan Snorkeling Tour
- Jungle Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Around the Island Tour
- Temples & City Tour
- Big Game Fishing Full-Day Tour
- 4-Wheel ATV Adventure
- Red Baron Junk Sailing Tour with Transfers
- Guided Photography Tour with Golden Pagoda & Big Buddha
The Boudoir is opulent dining at its best. Swirling silks, scintillating satins, reams of textiles – it’s the sort of place a Pasha would feel right at home in, sprawled among the cushions. Essentially French cooking, there's a good selection of cheeses, meats, foie gras and even escargots – and a good and cheap house wine. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tuesday–Saturday from 7 pm to 11.45 pm, Sunday from 7 pm to 11 pm (closed on Mondays)
- Location: 32/2 Moo 1, Mae Nam, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)85 783 1031
Chez François is a non-descript building that looks like nothing more than an ordinary house from the outside. Inside, it’s rated as perhaps the best restaurant in Bophut and among the best in all of Samui. The only choice on the menu is a specially prepared 4-course meal by Chef François Porté-Garcia. Mostly consisting of first-class French cuisine, this fantastic feast of fine dining generally costs less than 2,000 baht. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tuesday–Saturday from 6.30 pm to 10.30 pm (closed on Sundays and Mondays)
- Location: 33/2 Moo 1, Fisherman's Village, Bophut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)96 071 1800
Tree Tops Sky Dining & BarChaweng
Tree Tops Sky Dining & Bar is located in Anantara Lawana in north Chaweng and is one of Samui’s most accomplished restaurants. It’s definitely the place to head to if you are a fine-dining enthusiast. With only 8 tables in the restaurant and each an individual ‘treehouse’ the experience here is unique. It’s particularly romantic, too – a good one for couples looking for something a little special. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6 pm to 11 pm
- Location: Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort, 92/1 Moo 2, Bophut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)7 796 0333
Dining on the RocksBig Buddha
A romantic dinner under the stars at the Dining on the Rocks, the signature restaurant of Six Senses Samui, can be a unique and superb experience. Relax on the terraced decks, whether in the open air or in the covered seating areas, and enjoy fantastic 270-degree views of the ocean and surrounding islands. The menu offers New Asian cuisine with a crossover accent and is a fine exponent of the increasingly popular ‘slow cuisine.’ Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5 pm to 10 pm
- Location: Six Senses Samui Resort, 9/10 Moo 5, Baan Plai Laem, Bophut, Koh Samui, 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)7 724 5678
2 Fishes SamuiBophut
Located in the heart of Bophut’s Fisherman’s Village, 2 Fishes Samui is an unpretentious yet stylish Italian restaurant. You can sample the freshest local seafood here, prepared with love by the talented Chef Leandra Panza. With over 25 years of experience in notewothy Italian restaurants in London, Sidney, Melbourne, and Singapore, Leandro Panza offers one of the best gastronomic experiences in Bophut.
Standout dishes include grilled king prawns with hot garlic oil, chili and lemon or steamed red snapper fillet with sautéed kale and hot garlic dressing, olive oil parsley and aged red wine vinegar.
- Opening Hours: Tuesday–Sunday from 6 pm to 10 pm (closed on Mondays)
- Location: 79/5 Moo 1, Bophut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)99 281 9973
Café 69 is a trendy venue on the Samui Ring Road near Bophut. The colourful and modern décor is emphasised by clever lighting effects to create a welcoming vibe. It’s a cosy venue run by an extremely pleasant host (and talented chef!) – Vivien Bella – who despite the constant hustle and bustle in his establishment always find some time to have a word with his guests.
The food served at Café 69 is “a new twist on Southern Thai indigenous cuisine,” as they call it themselves. You can sample standard Thai and Asian dishes – duck dumpling, deep-fried betel leaves with prawn, or white snapper with mango – enhanced by Vivien’s special touch. Try out the smoked duck curry with lychee and grape. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Saturday–Thursday from 1 pm to 11 pm (closed on Mondays)
- Location: 157/52, Bophut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)81 978 1945
Kob Thai RestaurantLamai
With a relaxing atmosphere, excellent service, and delicious food, Kob Thai is a highly recommended place if you come by Lamai. Under French management, the Thai chef prepares all the classics of Thai cuisine from outstanding seafood to spicy salads to mouth-watering desserts, all of them at affordable prices.
A serene tropical setting, just off the main hub of Lamai Beach Road, adds a lot to the experience. Tables are set in a tropical garden under individual wooden salas. The restaurant also has an outdoor swimming pool for the kids to splash in, so be sure to bring some swimsuits. After dark, the garden and pool are lit up with multi-coloured lights, creating a rather romantic ambience Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 12 pm to 10.30 pm
- Location: Haad Lamai 3, Lamai Beach, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84310, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)82 534 9325
Strongly focused on delivering cuisine at the highest level, H Bistro at the Hansar Resort features a French Mediterranean menu and exclusive wine list. The award-winning 74-cover restaurant has indoor and alfresco dining from breakfast until late at night. This is fine, innovative dining and definitely worth a visit.
With modern lines, sea breezes and well-trained staff, H Bistro is one of Bophut's classiest restaurants. Diners can enjoy views of Koh Phangan from the wood-decked terrace, which also makes for an idyllic place for sundowners, cocktails, and people-watching in Koh Samui. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 7 am to 10.30 am, 11.30 am to 5.30 pm and 6.30 pm to 10.30 pm
- Location: Hansar Samui Resort, 101/28 Moo 1, Bophut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)7 724 5511
Red SnapperChaweng Beach
Red Snapper doesn’t seem to be totally focused in on its food, judging by the big screen and a nightly live band. However, the quality of the cuisine speaks for itself. Part of the Chaweng Regent Beach Resort, Red Snapper fronts onto the Beach Road and is great for a laid-back meal, enjoyed while watching the passing throngs.
Essentially a Mediterranean-influenced restaurant, you can enjoy dishes such as roasted duck breast with red wine sauce and polenta, roasted snow fish fillet in chorizo oil, a whole range of healthy salads and dessert treats such as poached pear belle Helene. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5 pm to midnight
- Location: 155/4 Moo 2, Chaweng Beach, Chaweng, Koh Samui 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)7 730 0200
Kobori Japanese Restaurant
Kobori Japanese Restaurant is considered by many to be the best Japanese restaurant in Koh Samui. Kobori is named after its Chef Koji O Kobori and is set in a modern 2-storey building located in Nathon.
Featuring a sober, contemporary-style Japanese décor, the restaurant serves an excellent choice of delicious sushi, sashimi, teppanyaki, and more. Kobori Japanese Restaurant is also famous for the excellent choice of sake it has.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11.30 am to 10 pm
- Location: 310/19 Moo 3, Ang Thong, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84140, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)83 174 6530