Half Moon Parties on Koh Phangan – also known as the Half Moon Festival – are distinctly smaller than the renowned Full Moon Parties of Haad Rin Beach. Even so, it remains among the most popular open-air raves in Thailand. Held in a small forest clearing about 2 km inland from Baan Tai (on the island’s southern coast), they feature a lively atmosphere and excellent local DJs spinning trance, techno and house.
Unlike the Full Moon and Black Moon Parties, the waxing and waning of the moon mean that there are 2 Half Moon Parties each month.
- Ang Thong Adventure Tour
- Ko Tao & Ko Nang Yuan Snorkeling Tour
- Jungle Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Around the Island Tour
- Temples & City Tour
- Big Game Fishing Full-Day Tour
- 4-Wheel ATV Adventure
- Red Baron Junk Sailing Tour with Transfers
- Guided Photography Tour with Golden Pagoda & Big Buddha
The Half Moon Party in Koh Phangan event is hosted in a smaller venue, but this provides a more secure environment where the organisers can focus on providing excellent sound quality and a more carefree experience.
There are usually more than 5 bars and food stalls as well as 2 main stages playing varying styles of music during Half Moon Festival. You can also expect a great vibe thanks to great sound systems and fire shows. The festival is also where many visitors get their most fond memories of Koh Phangan. A ticket also often gets you 2 drinks of your choice, free music downloads and souvenirs.
Half Moon Festival
- Location: 72/39 Moo 2, Baan Tai, Koh Phangan, Surat Thani 84280, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)91 445 1444
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/halfmoonfestival