Lamai Night Plaza in Koh Samui is a mini version of Bangkok's Patpong night market. In the centre of town, the market features plenty of knock-off goods ranging from fashion items to 'Swiss Army' knives alongside the usual displays of flip-flops. It's a fun place to get your shopping in.
Even so, after a stroll up and down the lines of stands, it becomes plain that there are also local goods on sale at the night bazaar. The key to shopping at a night market such as this is to browse hard and bargain hard. You might score a great buy at Lamai Night Market to furnish your living room back home.
- Ang Thong Adventure Tour
- Ko Tao & Ko Nang Yuan Snorkeling Tour
- Jungle Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Around the Island Tour
- Temples & City Tour
- Big Game Fishing Full-Day Tour
- 4-Wheel ATV Adventure
- Red Baron Junk Sailing Tour with Transfers
- Guided Photography Tour with Golden Pagoda & Big Buddha
Shopping at Lamai Night Plaza
This night market is not as noisy as the one in Chaweng and it even has a food centre, cafe and a pub to the side. Take your time and remember to smile throughout transactions and bartering. Do not pay the original asking price – you’re expected to bargain.
You can buy locally made fans, wooden elephants in varying sizes from the mainland, ever-useful sarongs, attractive purses, bags, belts, witty (and not so witty) T-shirts, rolling luggage, striking and colourful lamps, bed covers, Buddha images, electronics goods, and finally, knockoff goods in the shape of Rolex, Breitling, and Cartier watches.
Lamai Night Market
- Opening Hours: Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 5 pm to 10 pm (closed on Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays)
- Location: Lamai Centre, 139/24 Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84310, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)84 695 3502