Part of the Amari Palm Reef Resort, Amaya Bar has obviously had no expense spared in its creation. It has a fashionable appeal more readily associated with modern city bars than most hotel bars on Samui.
There's a variety of seating areas, including large day beds and giant sofas. In the evening, Amaya Bar has a lounge-style ambience with its alfresco terrace overlooking palm trees and the ocean.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10 am to 11 pm
- Location: 14/3 Chaweng Beach Rd, Bophut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)77 300 306
Chaweng Muay Thai Boxing Stadium
The Chaweng Muay Thai Boxing Stadium organises major Muay Thai events with local and foreign fighters. Located at the back of Soi Solo Bar off Chaweng Beach Road, you can enjoy matches on Tuesdays and Fridays from 9 pm until midnight (or earlier if fast knock-outs occur).
Paradoxically at the same time gracious and brutal, Thai boxing is the promise of an evening filled up with adrenalin and emotion. The throbbing and acute Sarama music that accompanies Muay Thai matches has a hypnotic effect on the audience as it increases in speed and volume according to the intensity of the boxers’ engagement.
- Opening Hours: Tuesday and Friday from 9 pm to midnight
- Location: 166/16 Moo 2, Chaweng Beach Rd, Soi Solo Bar, Chaweng, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)77 300 514
Chaweng Walk is a daily market on a large empty plot linking Chaweng Beach Road to the beach. It has one side that's alfresco, with a paved trail flanked by around 30 vendors selling an eclectic choice of beachwear, handcrafted souvenirs, spa oils, cheap jewellery, and souvenirs.
The market's covered area has a food court with a dozen stalls selling Thai snacks and street food. Live Thai music is performed on a small stage set towards the beach. Chaweng Walk offers a good way to mingle with locals in a friendly atmosphere and to sample local delicacies.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 4.30 pm to 10 pm
- Location: Moo 2, Chaweng, Bophut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
Elephant Beach Club Koh Samui
Elephant Beach Club Koh Samui is a popular place for having a great time on Chaweng Beach. It hosts lively pool and beach parties, as well as high-quality food and drinks. The music is mostly hip-hop, RnB tunes, and deep house. Hippie-style pool parties usually take place on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
Elephant Beach Club Koh Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10 am to 2 am
- Location: 159 Moo 2, Bophut, Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thaïland
- Tel: +66 (0)95 420 8051
Happy Bar is one of the largest beer bars on Soi Green Mango in Chaweng. It has a couple of neon-lit bars serving cheap drinks (including vodka buckets), with TVs showing international sports, 2 football tables, and 4 pool tables. In fairness, the staff are very friendly – arguably too much so – which helps create quite a fun atmosphere.
- Location: 195/3 Moo 2, Bophut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Address: +66 (0)81 978 0586
Henry Africa's Bar
Henry Africa’s Bar started as just a single unit backpackers’ bar in Chaweng. It's now 5 times that size, making it one of the most popular beer bars on Soi Green Mango. Its runaway success is attributed to a great party atmosphere, with a good selection of current pop and dance music. You will also find a few pool tables and widescreen TVs showing international sports. Drinks prices are relatively affordable, with great offers on shots.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 6 pm to 3 am, Sunday from 6 pm to midnight
- Location: 162/10-15 Moo 6, Chaweng, Bophut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)87 268 2575
Hush Bar is one of the smallest nightlife spots on Chaweng's Soi Green Mango, but it's also one of the most popular. It has live DJs playing hip-hop tunes, creating a fantastic party atmosphere. Drinks are reasonably priced, with buy-1-get-1-free on buckets during happy hour (9 pm to 2 am) as well as great deals on shots.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10 pm to 3 am
- Location: Bophut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)93 674 3084
KC Beach Club
KC Beach Club is a popular pool party venue right on Chaweng Beach. Its large freeform swimming pool often hosts parties featuring international DJs. The surrounding facilities provide great food, cocktails and massages.
The pace at KC Beach Club is extremely variable. If you're visiting on a regular day, the venue has a very relaxed vibe. Read More...
- Location: KC Beach Club & Pool Villas, 11/9 Moo 2, Bophut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
Lipsmackers occupies a simple palm-thatch hut on Chaweng Beach Road. You can find plastic garden chairs and tables on the sand, along with a rough wooden sign that beckons drinkers with happy hour promos on cocktails (3 pm to 8 pm). Even outside of this, the drinks prices are good and the atmosphere is fun yet very laidback. Lipsmackers plays easy-listening and reggae music throughout the day, but live music and fire shows often take place as well.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 3 pm until late
- Location: 167/1 Bophut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)84 445 7520
Monkey Bay Beach Bar
Monkey Bay Beach Bar is a cool and unpretentious venue right on Chaweng Beach, at the end of the Chaweng Walk. Occupying a small open-sided building, the central attraction of this bar is the pleasure of having a drink with your toes in the sand with the cooling shade of tall, tropical almond trees.
The drinks list has all the usual suspects regarding soft drinks and beers (Singha, Tiger, and Leo), as well as classic and long drink cocktails. Monkey Bay is Beach Bar indeed a great spot to unwind before or after dinner. In case you would like something to nibble while drinking, Chaweng Walk’s food court is just a few metres away.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9 am to 10 pm
- Location: Chaweng Beach, Bophut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)77 222 777
Our Bar Irish Pub
Our Bar Irish Pub is one of the better Irish-owned examples in Kph Samui as it focuses more on creating a fun, friendly and welcoming atmosphere than the theme pub-style décor.
A simple sort of place on Soi Green Mango, Our Bar Irish Pub's enduring popularity comes from friendly staff and great service, as well as good prices and a good selection of drinks – naturally including draught Guinness.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6 pm to 3 am
- Location: 91/5 Moo 2, Chaweng, Bophut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)63 075 3275
Part of Chaweng Regent Beach Resort, Red Snapper is great for a laidback meal while watching passers-by along Chaweng Beach Road. Here, modern fusion and healthy dishes prevail with more of a leaning towards cocktails than wine on the drinks list.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5 pm to midnight
- Location: 155/4 Moo 2, Chaweng Beach, Chaweng, Koh Samui 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)77 300 200
Reggae Pub Koh Samui is among the top-rated nightlife destinations in Chaweng Beach. The large nightclub is the focal point of the street it gives its name to – Soi Reggae – and attracts a huge tourist crowd for its easy-going style and rhythms.
As the name suggests, the main choice of music is reggae, with Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 7.30 pm to 2 am
- Location: 3/3 Moo 2, Soi Reggae, Chaweng, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)62 374 5175
Samui International Muay Thai Stadium
Samui International Muay Thai Stadium is the smallest and most obscure of the 3 Muay Thai stadiums in Chaweng. The stadium has a lively atmosphere, good live commentary and an international array of fighters, whose bouts are interspersed with traditional Thai music. Fights usually take place on Mondays and Fridays (and Sundays during the high season).
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11 am to 11.30 pm
- Location: 3/2 Leam Din Rd, Chaweng, Bophut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)62 645 1245
Starz Cabaret Samui
Starz Cabaret Samui is quite a compact little theatre but makes up for it with its high-quality performances. The 45-minute-long show features a mix of song and dance routines featuring traditional Thai dances alongside impressive impersonations of Tina Turner, Kylie Minogue, Beyonce and others.
Starz Cabaret is right on Chaweng Beach Road. Tickets are relatively affordable Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily at 8.30 pm, 9.30 pm, 10.30 pm
- Location: 156/22 Moo 2 Chaweng Beach Road, Chaweng, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)84 744 9074
Sweet Soul Café Samui
Sweet Soul Cafe is a well-established and extremely popular bar right at the heart of Soi Green Mango. It has a busy party atmosphere and great nightly drinks offers, including a Jägermeister shot vending machine at the back of the bar.
Sweet Soul Cafe generally gets busy after midnight. Its music selection focuses on house, R&B Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 7 pm to 3 am
- Location: 195 Moo 2, Bophut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)94 223 7738
The Green Mango Club
The Green Mango Club Samui is a famous and iconic nightclub on Chaweng Beach. In fact, it gave its name to the street it effectively dominates – Soi Green Mango. The partying gets started at midnight and there’s usually a big boost to the crowd at around 2 am, when most bars close for the night. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9 pm to 2 am
- Location: 195 Moo 2, Soi Green Mango, Chaweng, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84140, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)77 300 672
The Islander Pub & Restaurant
The Islander Pub & Restaurant is an all-day venue in Chaweng. It can handle 200 covers, 22 large-screen TVs, arguably the cheapest Guinness on Samui, free Wi-Fi and free pool tables upstairs. Visit in the daytime to enjoy all-day breakfasts (named the ‘Full Monty’), pub grub, and even Mexican food on its predominantly British menu. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 8 am to 2 am
- Location: 166/79 Chaweng Beach Rd, Bophut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)87 280 3605
Tropical Murphy's is an excellent choice if you're looking for a happy-go-lucky evening with lots of beer choices, good food, great music, pool, quizzes and an Irish ambience. Owner Paul Watson takes no prisoners in his quest to be the top pub in town, ensuring that everything runs smoothly.
Tropical Murphy's Thai staff members speak good English, too. Its extensive choice of seating means that you can enjoy live music on the air-conditioned upper floor, watch sports downstairs, or enjoy the night breeze and street sights on the outside terrace.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9 am to 1 am
- Location: 14/40 Moo 2, Chaweng Beach Rd, Bophut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)77 413 614
Viking Bar appeals to Scandinavian travellers, though all are welcome at this friendly little establishment. It plays popular Swedish, Norwegian, Danish and English music throughout the day. Viking Bar's fun atmosphere comes partly from its various drinking contests, including the yard of ale challenge. Drinks prices are pretty competitive, so you can enjoy your choice of beer, shot, cider or cocktail without blowing your budget.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 7.30 pm to 3 am
- Location: 91/6 Moo 2, Soi Green Mango, Chaweng, Bophut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)81 956 5482