Soi Reggae takes its name from the huge and extremely popular Reggae Pub at its end, in much the same way as its more famous sister street – Soi Green Mango – is named after the largest and most renowned venue there. Like Green Mango, Soi Reggae has become a hub for nightlife in Chaweng, featuring Muay Thai bouts, nightclubs, karaoke and the pink-neon-lit beer bars which are an inevitable part of the nightlife across Thailand.
The 200-metre road leading up to Reggae Pub is something of an unavoidable gauntlet of these small beer bars, with loud music and a throng of people. However, they can be fun places to enjoy a few laughs, a few games of pool and some very cheap drinks.
- Ang Thong Adventure Tour
- Ko Tao & Ko Nang Yuan Snorkeling Tour
- Jungle Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Around the Island Tour
- Temples & City Tour
- Big Game Fishing Full-Day Tour
- 4-Wheel ATV Adventure
- Red Baron Junk Sailing Tour with Transfers
- Guided Photography Tour with Golden Pagoda & Big Buddha
The Reggae Pub is a well-established 2-storey nightclub and bar that's the real highlight of the street which takes its name, as well as the whole of the little peninsular that juts into Chaweng Lake. Getting particularly busy after 11 pm, the musical selection is largely easy-going reggae, with some rock and hip-hop to add some spice.
It has a friendly and laid-back atmosphere and competitive drinks prices. You will also find the equally-large Reggae Restaurant just over the road, next to a huge electric guitar.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6 pm to 2 am
- Location: 3/3 Moo 2, Laem Din Rd, Chaweng, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)62 374 5175
Samui International Muay Thai Stadium
Samui International Muay Thai Stadium, also known as the Hat Chaweng Boxing Stadium, is the smallest and most obscure of the 3 Muay Thai stadiums in Chaweng. Ticket prices are around 1,000 baht each, depending on where you choose to sit, with fights every Monday and Friday (and Sunday during high season).
The stadium has a lively atmosphere, good live commentary in English and an international array of fighters, whose bouts are interspersed with traditional Thai music.
- Opening Hours: Thursday and Sunday from 9.30 pm
- Location: 3/2 Laem Din Rd, Chaweng, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)62 645 1245
- Tour Available: Thai Boxing in Chaweng
Coco Chaweng is a modest-looking venue from the outside (except for the purple walls), but inside you'll find a popular karaoke bar and nightclub.
The club has been running since 2012 and its remarkable popularity led them to open a sister-venue in Phuket. It’s quite a small venue where the style is to sit and socialise rather than stand and dance. Drinks are competitively priced.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9 pm to 2 am
- Address: 3/88 Moo 2, Laem Din Rd, Chaweng, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)95 410 6000