The best restaurants in Maenam are great for those looking for diverse dining options on the island of Koh Samui. This coastal area still hosts a great choice of excellent restaurants covering a wide array of Thai, Japanese, French and Mediterranean cuisine.
You can find many world-class restaurants in and around the resorts that line Maenam Beach, as well as by Pralarn Pier. Whether you are looking for romantic dining or laidback beachfront dining, there’s surely a Maenam restaurant that suits you.
- Ang Thong Adventure Tour
- Ko Tao & Ko Nang Yuan Snorkeling Tour
- Jungle Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Around the Island Tour
- Temples & City Tour
- Big Game Fishing Full-Day Tour
- 4-Wheel ATV Adventure
- Red Baron Junk Sailing Tour with Transfers
- Guided Photography Tour with Golden Pagoda & Big Buddha
The Boudoir is a chic and cosy restaurant in a small lane off Samui’s Ring Road in Maenam. Run by a charming French couple, it has superb Middle Eastern settings with vividly coloured cushions and sofas. You can enjoy excellent Provençal French cuisine in a relaxed yet sophisticated atmosphere. Standouts at The Boudoir include foie gras salad, goat cheese and honey salad, duck with figs and Cognac, and tuna tartar with avocado. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tuesday–Saturday from 7 pm to 11.45 pm, Sunday from 7 pm to 11 pm (closed on Mondays)
- Location: 32/2 Moo 1, Mae Nam, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)85 783 1031
Lai Thai Restaurant
Located in Belmond Napasai Resort, the Lai Thai Restaurant serves Thai and international cuisine in a relaxing environment with high ceilings and stone-tiled flooring. The restaurant boasts large windows from floor to ceilings to allow 180 degree views across the resort and the ocean beyond. The split-level seating provides yet more choice for where to eat and what to view.
- Location: 65/10 Baan Tai, Maenam, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84330, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)77 429 200
Angela's at Moonhut is a long-established restaurant in Maenam, along the Samui Ring Road. Its design might remind you of a classic American diner, with comfortable booths, quirky ads, heteroclite objects hanged all around the place, and an alfresco dining area under a pergola.
As for the food, Angela's at Moonhut serves a great choice of western favourites such as fresh pies, salads, sandwiches, and cold cuts – all at affordable prices. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 8 am to 10 pm
- Location: 64/29 Moo 1, Mae Nam, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84330, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)77 427 396
Zenzibar Beach Bar
Zenzibar Beach Bar is a cool beachfront restaurant located 600 metres east of Maenam Walking Street. It has a small open-sided indoor dining area and an outdoor terrace for those who want to dine with their toes in the sand.
Zenzibar Beach Bar serves Thai and international delicacies at affordable prices. This is a family-run affair – Yuth is a competent and friendly owner/manager who has experience in the tourism industry.
- Opening Hours: Daily from noon to 10 pm
- Location: 18/33 Maenam, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84330, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)62 315 2324
About Café is a small and cosy venue on Maenam Walking Street. It has a nice vintage décor, with tables shaded by umbrellas inside the dining room. Postcards and cute souvenirs for sale are on display all around the cafe.
About Café opens during the day, serving 11 different types of coffee, fruit shakes, and homemade yoghourt. It's a great place for a light lunch or breakfast in Maenam. Free Wi-Fi is available as well. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 7.30 am to 4 pm (closed on Sundays)
- Location: 160/1 Moo1, Baan Maenam, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84330, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)77 938 167
John's Garden Restaurant
John's Garden Restaurant occupies a traditional Thai house with a lovely garden in Maenam. The venue is just off Samui Ring Road in Wat Napralarn Soi, leading to Lompraya Pier. The restaurant offers al fresco dining or semi-indoor dining in a wooden sala, both of which overlook tropical plants and flowers.
John's Garden Restaurant is great for a relaxing and romantic dinner in Koh Samui. Food-wise, you can find classic Thai favourites like masaman chicken and spicy glass noodles salad with seafood. If western food is your thing, the restaurant has a great choice of steaks and pasta.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 1 pm to 11.30 pm (closed on Sundays)
- Location: 26 Moo 4, Maenam, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)77 247 694